Friday 17 April 2020

Otto Tattercoat and the Forest of Lost Things


Otto Tattercoat and
the Forest of Lost things



Author: Matilda Woods

Illustrator: Kathrin Honesta

Pagination; 269

Year First Published: 2020

Age recommendation: 8+

My rating: 4/5

Favourite character: Nim

Comments: A meandering tale set in the wintry world of Hodeldorf where people can freeze in their sleep... But can the Tattercoats, a gang of brave orphans, return the bitter cold of Hodeldorf to what it used to be?

Main characters: Otto, Nim, Marta, Blink.

Synopsis: Otto and his mother have come to live in Hodeldorf, a city plunged into eternal winter. When Otto's mother mysteriously goes missing he finds himself in the frozen streets, with nowhere else to go.  Or does he? Frau Ferber, a Boot polish factory owner, is holding out welcoming arms. But is there more to her scrawny face than it seems?

Review: An adventure story, perfect for the fans of Abi Elphinstone, Michelle Harrison and Kiran Millwood Hargrave. A very Victorian book, great for history enthusiasts, gives you a snapshot into poor children's lives back then. I got quite lost in this maze of a book, it enchanted me,the storytelling is simply brilliant! Read this book and I promise you won't regret it!

Please comment!

6 comments:

Harriet - Your Friend :) said...

cool

Anonymous said...

Thank you Harriet I will be posting 2-5 book reviews per month. Keep commenting!

Unknown said...

A very helpful review. Thank you, Caroline

Hamster girl said...

This book looks really, good I am definitely adding onto my must - read list!
Hammy Girl x

Anonymous said...

Nice I like it 👍
I can't work out how to follow you
😢

Isla Xanthea said...

You should be able to now.

Followers