Wednesday 6 May 2020

The Enchanted Wood

The Enchanted
Wood


Author: Enid Blyton

Illustrator: Jan McCafferty

Pagination: 210

Year First Published: 1939

Age recommendation: 5+

My rating: 4/5

Favourite character: Moon-face

Comments: The first and introductory tale of the Faraway Tree series, is a crazy fun-filled adventure! If you are thinking this is a babyish book then I think you should definitely come back to it! For entertainment-seeking parents out there, children will love even just a chapter a night during the Coronavirus lock down.

Main characters: Joe, Beth, Frannie.

Synopsis: The siblings: Joe, Beth and Frannie move to the singing countryside. They can't wait to explore! When they find the Enchanted Wood, and best of all the Faraway Tree, thousands of adventures begin to unfold. Every week a new land stops at the summit of the Faraway Tree so the three children, Moon-face and Saucepan man embark on trips truly all over the place!

Review: Talk about AMAZING books! I absolutely loved this crammed-with-wonder story of walking, talking clocks and moon-faced men. This book will greatly entertain both child and adult, and will nurture curious minds. If you feel like a feast for the imagination, then this book will surely get your creative juices flowing!

Please comment!

3 comments:

Hamster girl said...

I have read this book - to anyone who hasn’t, you should! It’s a great book packed full of adventure and magic.

Isla Xanthea said...

I am glad you liked it Hamster Girl, perhaps you'll enjoy The Butterfly Club which is now on my blog?

Hamster girl said...

Yes, I looked at that, I think I might have to get it! 👩🏼🐹

Followers