Thursday 14 May 2020

First Class Murder



First Class Murder


Author: Robin Stevens

Illustrator: Nina Tara

Pagination: 315

Year First Published: 2015

Age recommendation: 9+

My rating: 4/5

Other books in the series: Murder Most Unladylike, Arsenic for Tea, Jolly foul Play, etc.

Favourite character: Hazel 

Comments: This is a wonderful book from the same series as The Drowned Pearl which is also in my blog. This book, I must say, is, in my opinion, Daisy and Hazel's best adventure yet! They are off on holiday aboard the famed Orient Express, however it becomes less like a holiday and more like a case when a wealthy passenger is murdered! Watch, mouth agape, as incredible sleuths and unlikely schoolgirls Daisy Wells and Hazel Wong put their detective skills to the test!

Main characters: Daisy Wells, Hazel Wong.

Synopsis: From the dining carriage of The Orient Express, and a heiress, Georgiana Daunt, is found murdered in her Sleeping car. Mysteriously, both the entries to the room are locked from the inside! Taking matters into there own hands, can Daisy and Hazel outwit the other detectives onboard and the murderer!...

Review: Wow. That's all I can say! The twisting and turning plot keeps revealing, red herrings and clues, spies and murderers. This book is not for the faint-hearted, that is why my age recommendation was set at 8+, so be prepared! A murder mystery with Robin Stevens never fails expectations!

Please comment!

1 comment:

Hamster girl said...

I am sooo into detectives and murderer books - and I’m surprised that I haven’t read it - yet!

Followers